Volleyball Opens MAC Play against EMU, CMU
Friday, September 21 | 7 p.m.
Live Stats | Live Video
Pass and Serve
- This will be the 75th meeting between the Broncos and the Eagles, with WMU holding a 54-20 advantage in the all-time series. The Broncos took both matches against EMU in 2011, including a win at the Convocation Center.
- This will be the 80th meeting between the Broncos and the Chippewas, with WMU holding a 44-35 advantage in the all-time series. The Broncos went 2-1 against CMU in 2011, including a 3-1 win at McGuirk Arena.
- WMU has a 20-9 record against Eastern and Central Michigan under head coach Colleen Munson
- The Broncos play eight of their first 14 matches against opponents that made the NCAA Tournament in 2011; they are 4-3 against those opponents to date, with the match against Central Michigan the eighth
- Lena Oliver has been named the MAC West Defensive Player of the Week three times in the first four weeks of the season
- Jessica Brown passed Shaylen Jackson for seventh on the career kills list at the Northwestern Wildcat Classic, and now has 1,285 career kills. She needs 61 kills to pass Liz Gunn for sixth.
- Terin Norris and Jessica Brown were each named to the All-Tournament team at the Northwestern Wildcat Classic.
- The Broncos lead all MAC schools in assists in 2012, and in fact rank second in the nation in the statistic
- Kaycee Acree recorded a career-high 25 digs in the Broncos' match against Northwestern
- WMU is 7-2 in matches which they record 5.0 total team blocks or more
- Jessica Brown is the only player in the MAC to rank in the top-10 in both kills and hitting percentage
- Ali Gossen is averaging a career-best 3.10 kills/set in 2012
- WMU is 59-31 (.656) in preseason non-conference tournaments under Colleen Munson