WMU at UMass Post-Game Notes
- Today's game is only the second meeting between Western Michigan and Massachusetts.
- Zach Terrell is one of 23 freshmen to start at least one game in 2013.
- UMass head coach Charlie Molnar served as an assistant coach at Western Michigan during the 2003-04 seasons.
- WMU has played 19 freshmen, including 11 true freshmen.
- Khary Bailey-Smith returned the opening kick off for a touchdown. The first kickoff returned for a TD allowed by Western Michigan since Purdue's Raheem Mostert returned a 99-yard kickoff on Dec. 27, 2011.
- WMU completed three fourth-down conversions in its opening scoring dive.
- The 18-play 57-yard scoring-drive was the longest in terms of plays and minutes (8:44) is the longest of the season.
- The 18-play drive is also tied for the second-longest in WMU history.
- WMU held the ball for 10:41 in the first quarter, the most in any quarter this season.
- Zach Terrell's 16-yard run was the longest in his career.
- Antoin Scriven's 36-yard touchdown reception is the longest of his career and the third touchdown reception in his career against UMass.
- UMass' 21 points in the first half is the most in a first half since Richmond in 2011.
- Kendrick Robert's touchdown reception was his first of the season and second of his career.
- The Broncos' 14 points in the second quarter was the most they have scored in a second quarter this season and the third time this season they have scored 14 points in a quarter.
- Dareyon Chance with career long 34-yd punt return on final drive of the half
- Zach Terrell has two touchdown passes for the second time of his career (Michigan State).
- Zach Terrell's touchdown pass to Corey Davis was his third of the game, a new career-high. It was also the most touchdowns passes in a game by a WMU quarterback this season and the first time a Bronco QB had thrown three touchdowns since Nov. 10, 2012 against Buffalo (Alex Carder).
- The touchdown pass to Davis gave WMU the lead for just the second time this season in the second half off a game (Nichols).
- WMU's 24 points is the most scored this season.
- Ronald Zamort is now the fourth player in WMU history with 14 breakups in a season.
- Zamort's second breakup of the game gave him 15 for the season, now third all-time for a season in WMU history.
- A 21-yard reception for Corey Davis tied a career-high with nine and also put him over 100 yards for the fourth time this season and the second-straight game.
- Career-highs in completions, attempts and touchdowns and yards for Zach Terrell.
- Terrell's 54-yard touchdown to Corey Davis is the longest pass in his career, the longest touchdown pass of his career, and second-longest play from scrimmage this season for the WMU offense.
- Broncos stop UMass on two-point conversion to preserve 31-30 victory.
- First win of the season for Broncos, snapping 10-game span.