- WMU has won the toss prior to all three games this season and has chosen to defer to the second half each time.
- This is the first meeting between Western Michigan and Northwestern.
- Northwestern is the second of three Big Ten teams the Broncos play this season. WMU opened the season at Michigan State and will play at Iowa on Sept. 21.
- Justin Currie with his first intecerption of the season and second of his career. His first career interception came against Illinois in 2011.
- WMU has had a takeaway in all three games this season.
- Jamar Simpkins earns his first career sack.
- WMU's first two offensive drives have started inside their own 10 yard-line.
- NU's first three drives have started inside WMU territory, resulting in zero points for the Wildcats.
- WMU converts its second fourth-down conversion on the season.
- Andrew Haldeman's 37-yard field goal at 2:37 in the first quarter is WMU's first points in the first quarter this season. The field goal capped of a 13-play, 55-yard drive.
- WMU ended the first quarter with a 3-0 lead, marking the first time they have held an opponent scoreless in the first quarter.
- WMU held the Wildcats to just 61 yards in the quarter, the fewest WMU has allowe din the first quarter all season.
- Tyler Van Tubbergen's 75-yard touchdown pass to Corey Davis was his first of the season. It was also the longest offensive play from scrimmage this season and the first one-play drive since Nov. 17, 2012 against Eastern Michigan.
- Davis over 100 yards receiving for second-straight game.
- Northwestern scored 21 points during final 6:13 of quarter (WMU led 10-7 at the time)
- Mikhail Dubose with first career forced fumble and fumble recovery on same play
- Josh Schaffer catches 25 yard TD pass on first catch of the season
- TVT's first multi-TD passing game since Nov. 3, 2012 at Central Michigan
- Brian Fields with 31-yard run to open quarter - team's longest of the season
- Kendrick Roberts' first catch of the season goes for 12 yards and a first down
- Mike Jones records first double-digit tackle effort of season
- Michael Henry makes collegiate debut