GAME DAY: WMU at Ball State - 10.13.12
Western Michigan (3-3, 1-1 MAC) at Ball State (3-3, 1-2 MAC)
All-Time Series: WMU Leads All-Time Series, 20-18
Last Meeting: Oct. 29, 2011 - WMU 45, Ball State 35
Oct. 13, 2012 // Scheumann Stadium (22,500)
3 p.m. // Muncie, Ind. // ESPN3
RADIO BROADCAST | LISTEN LIVE | LIVE STATS
The game will be broadcast live on the Bronco Radio Network: 96.5 FM (Kalamazoo, Portage, Mattawan); 94.1 FM (Lansing, Jackson, Battle Creek), 101.3 FM (Grand Rapids) and 1310 AM (Detroit). Robin Hook (play-by-play) and John Creek (analysis) will have the call beginning at 2 p.m.
ONLINE BROADCAST | ESPN3 (EXCLUSIVE)
The WMU-Ball State game will be stream live online through ESPN3. Jim Barbar (play-by-play) and Ben Leber (analysis) will have the call. The official kick time is 3:04 p.m.
WMU FOOTBALL NOTES OF INTEREST
• WMU improved to 6-2 in Homecoming Games under head coach Bill Cubit with 52-14 win over UMass
• Cubit became the sixth coach in program history with at least 50 program wins, tying John Gill (1929-41) — Al Molde, William Spaulding (62); Mike Gary (59); Bill Doolittle (58); Bill Cubit, John Gill (50)
• Cubit became the third coach in program history to reach 35 Mid-American Conference wins, matching Gary Darnell; only Al Molde has more conference wins than Cubit and Darnell (48)
• Cubit’s .614 winning percentage in MAC games (35-22-0) is the best in program history
• Cubit captured his 30th home win with the Broncos’ defeat of Connecticut and he is now one of only four coaches with 30 or more wins at home — Al Molde (37); Bill Doolittle (35); John Gill (33)
• Tyler Van Tubbergen became the second QB in program history to throw five TDs in a game twice in his career
• J. Schroeder was named National Punter of the Week by the College Football Performance Awards for his 82-yard punt against UMass; the longest in the nation this season, fourth longest in program history and sixth longest in MAC history
• Freddie Bishop became the second Bronco to earn MAC West Defensive Player of the Week for his career high eight tackles and 1.5 sacks against UMass
• WMU had 11 receivers catch a pass against UMass and five different receivers with a TD catch
• Jaime Wilson hauled in his sixth TD catch this season, giving him at least one in all but one game so far this season
• Wilson is two games from matching Toledo’s Eric Page for the most 100-yard receiving games by a freshman in the MAC going back to the 2000 season
• WMU tied its longest drive in terms of plays in program history with a 99-yard TD drive against UMass
• Antoin Scriven scored his first career rushing TD from more than one yard out when he scored from two yards vs. UMass
• Justin Collins scored his career touchdown against UMass
• James Kristof (OG) and Kyle Lark (LB) made their first career starts against UMass, while Demetris Ates, Jesse Boulnemour, Michael Butler, Kalvin Hill and Flenard Whitfield their WMU football debuts against the Minutemen.
HERE’S SOMETHING YOU DID NOT KNOW
Going back to the 2002 meeting between Western Michigan and Ball State, when games have been played at Schuemann Stadium, the winning team wins by 11 or more points. When games have been played at WMU over the same time period, the winner has come out ahead by 10 or less points, three of the last four in Kalamazoo coming down to either overtime or the last possession of regulation.
WMU at BALL STATE - LIVE CHAT