WMU vs. UConn Post-Game Notes
- UConn won the toss and decided to defer to the second half
- If WMU scores 25 points, the 25th point will be the 10,000th point in program history
- This is the first time WMU is wearing black jersey/black pants
- WMU is 1-1 all-time against UConn
- WMU is ranked first in total defense in the MAC with 329.67 yards per game
- Uconn's defense is third in the country in total defense and sacks and fifth in rushing and passing defense.
- No player that scored a point for WMU against UConn in 2011 are on the 2012 roster.
- WMU lost 28-23 to Minnesota last Saturday, making their record 1-2.
- Tyler VanTubbergen is the game captain.
- Andrew Haldeman makes a career long 44-yard field goal
- Three games in a row that WMU has scored on their opening drive
- WMU has had the same starting 11 on defense for each game this season
- First career sack for Terry Easmon
- Donald Celiscar second interception on the season, third of his career
- Travonte Boles records first sack of the season
- This is the first time WMU has been ahead after the first quarter.
- WMU leads 3-0
- The WMU defense held the UConn offense to a 1.9 yards per rush in the first half
- Jaime Wilson makes a career-high 39 yard completion.
- Antoin Scriven has nine career touchdowns all being from the one-yard line
- WMU has made 141 straight PAT's, a program record
- UConn scored first passing touchdown of the season
- This is second time WMU has been ahead at the end of the first half
- WMU leads UConn 17-7
- Carder is 15-26 for 193 yards and Jaime Wilson has five catches for 79 yards
- 30-yard touchdown pass is Josh Schaffer's first touchdown of the season
- The 30-yard touchdown was the longest reception of the season for Schaffer
- Johnnie Simon makes first sack of the season
- Schaffer has season-highs in receptions (6), and yards (104)
- WMU leads 24-14 at the end of the quarter and is 1-0 when leading after the third
- Third straight 100-yard receiving game for Jaime Wilson
- First time two receivers (Wilson & Schaffer) have had 100-yards in a single game since Jordan White and Caleb Ravenell back on Nov.16, 2011 against Miami (OH)
- Desmond Bozeman makes strip, sack for his first career touchdown
- First fumble recovery for a touchdown for WMU since Jamail Berry on Sept. 19, 2009 against Miami (OH)
- Missed PAT ends WMU's 143 consecutive made streak
- WMU now has over 10,000 points scored in program history (10,005)
- Alex Carder ended with 237 yards and one touchdown.
- Jaime Wilson led the team in receptions for the third straight time this seasonWMU now leads the all-time series against UConn 2-1.
- This is the fifth win over a BCS team under head coach Bill Cubit
- Second year in a row that WMU has beaten UConn (2011, 38-31)
- WMU is now on a nine-game home winning streak
- WMU now holds two-game winning streaks over two teams from the BCS (UConn & Iowa)
- WMU is now 1-1 when trailing in total offensive yards
- This was the first win over a team from a BCS automatic qualifying conference