WMU vs. EIU Post-Game Notes
· Last meeting was August 29,1996 with Eastern Illinois winning 28-20.
· Johnnie Simon leads the nation in tackles per game, after registering 18 against Illinois.
· Two Broncos had more than 10 tackles in the season opener (Johnnie Simon (18), Terry Easmon(11).
· WMU is on a four-game win streak in home season openers
· WMU holds a 2-1 record against the Ohio Valley Conference.
· WMU is wearing black jerseys and gold pants for the first time this season
· Alex Carder and Freddie Bishop served as captains.
· WMU has won the toss, and deferred till the second half. Second straight time this season.
· Daniel Braverman makes collegiate debut.
· Lewis Toler makes 6th career interception and first since vs. Kent State 11/20/10
· Daniel Braverman makes first collegiate touchdown.
· Carder’s 63rd touchdown pass of his career is to Matt Cutler
· First sack of the year for WMU made by Freddie Bishop
· EIU Chris Wright has caught a touchdown pass in eight consecutive games.
· Scored tied 14-14 after the first, Alex Carder was 12-16 for 135 yards and one touchdown
Matt Cutler and Blake Hammond both have touchdowns, which is the first time two different tight ends have had a touchdown in the same-game since Akron last year.
· Alex Carder to Blake Hammond for 43-yards is the longest reception of the year to this point.
· Blake Hammond’s first career two- touchdown game, and his first touchdown was his first since 2010.
· Second sack of the season for the WMU defense
· Jaime Wilson’s 33 yard punt return was the longest of the season for WMU
· Alex Carder’s first four touchdown game since November 8, 2011 against Toledo
· Alex Carder has thrown for five touchdowns for the fifth time in his career.
· Donald Celiscar has four pass deflections, a career high
· Alex Carder is 24-30 for 299 yards and five touchdowns
· WMU scored 28 points in the second quarter making the score 42-14 at half.
· 17th career multi-touchdown game for Alex Carder.
· Jaime Wilson’s 45-yard punt return was the longest of the season for WMU
· Lewis Toler made second interception of the game and 7th of career.
· Andrew Haldeman’s 37-yard field goal was the first made field goal of his career.
· 45-14 at the end of the third quarter. Alex Carder is 29-40 for 364 yards and five touchdowns.
· Kendrick Roberts makes first career catch for five yards
· Antoin Scriven one-yard touchdown was the first rushing touchdown of the year for WMU.
· 36-yard run by Tevin Drake was the longest run for WMU this season
· Gabe Hughes made his first career collegiate catch
· WMU wins the home opener 52-21
· Jaime Wilson has 154 yards which is the most by a freshman receiver since the record was broken by Corey Alston on November 1, 1997 at Eastern Michigan with 263 yards
· Alex Carder threw for his 12th 300-yard passing game of his career.
· Blake Hammond was six yards shy of breaking the record for most yards by a tight end set by Brandon Ledbetter on August 30, 2008 against Nebraska
· WMU offense ended up with 631 total yards, which is 22 yards shy of the single game record set against Eastern Michigan in 1998
· WMU is 7-1 in home openers under head coach Bill Cubit and a five-game win streak in home openers.
Lewis Toler recorded first two interception game of career
· This is the first time WMU has won against Eastern Illinois