WMU Athletics Launches WMUBroncoFanRewards.com
KALAMAZOO, Mich. – WMU Athletics launched a rewards platform through Row27 providing fans the opportunity to earn points and redeem those points for prizes and experiences simply by interacting on social media as well as attending athletic events. Fans can go today to www.wmubroncofanrewards.com to sign up.
The point structure is broken down so that fans, both students and non-students alike, are able to earn points for going to WMU athletic events and interacting with WMU Athletics via various social media platforms.
Fans can begin earning points immediately. When you sign up, it asks for an email address and password. The field at the bottom asks for the registration bonus. Enter REGBONUS and start your account with 500 points.
“We want to interact with our fans as much as possible and let them know they are as much a part of our success as anyone,” commented director of athletic media relations Mat Kanan. “This platform provided through Row27 not only allows our fans to earn points by ‘checking in’ at an athletic event on either FourSquare or Facebook, but they can also earn points simply by interacting with our official Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and/or YouTube accounts.
“Fans will have a chance to win three major experience or item related prizes throughout the first calendar year of this program. They earn points in various ways and then redeem those points to earn chances to win.”
The first grand prize item available to fans who register is a package that includes two tickets, free parking, two sideline passes (good for pre-game only) when WMU takes on CMU on Nov. 16, 2013. The winner will also get their picture taken with the “Battle for the Cannon” trophy and receive two official game day polo shirts in the sizes of their choice. In order to enter for this prize fans will need 5,000 points for each entry and the number of entries are unlimited. Fans can enter as many times as possible through midnight on Nov. 5, 2013.
There are also smaller items available on the rewards platform that fans can obtain by redeeming a smaller number of points. This inventory will be diversified as the program grows.
Fans will be able to earn points by doing the following:
- Connecting Facebook account to rewards platform = 2000 pts
- Subscribe to official YouTube channel (youtube.com/wmuathletics) = 1000 pts
- Connecting CrowdCameo account = 1000 pts **
- Connecting Twitter account = 500 pts
- Check into official event on FourSquare or Facebook = 500 pts *
- Check into official event on GetGlue (when watching on TV) = 500
- Connecting your Instagram account = 500 pts
- Submit an accepted photo to CrowdCameo during our home games = 500 pts **
- Post the Twitter Message of the Day from your profile = 250 pts
- Retweet with an approved hashtag = 150 pts
- Comment on a photo on one of our official Instagram accounts = 50 pts
- Invite a friend to register = 10 pts
* Fans can earn bonus points for attending certain athletic events
** Sign up for CrowdCameo at wmubroncofans.crowdcameo.comWe have also partnered with our official online store (www.wmubroncosgear.com) to not only allow people to earn 200 bonus points when making an online purchase, but also earn a 10 percent discount on apparel when registering for the fan rewards program. When making a purchase at our online store, you will receive a code on your packing slip. That code will earn you 200 points. When you sign up for the rewards program, you will receive a code that can be used for a 10 percent discount at our online store but only until Oct. 26, 2013.