WMU Athletic Hall of Fame - Class of 2014 | Release
- Jason Babin (2000-03) - Football
- Larissa Chinwah (1999-2002) - Women's Tennis
- Tracy Daniel (1983-86) - Softball/Volleyball
- Jamal Mayers (1993-96) - Ice Hockey
- Leon McGee (1992-94) - Men's Basketball
- Dick Pond (1960-61) - Men's Track & Field, Cross Country
The Western Michigan University Athletic Hall of Fame selection committee is soliciting nominations for the 2014 induction class, which will be honored during the upcoming football season. Since its inception in 1973, the WMU Athletic Hall of Fame has grown to include nearly 200 former student-athletes, coaches and administrators, and for the first time in 2009 a pair of teams.
All nominations are forwarded to the Hall of Fame selection committee for discussion and consideration. Once statistical and biographical information is verified, the balloting process begins. Induction requires a 75 percent majority vote by the selection committee.
“We’re looking for former student-athletes who have set records, or still hold records or were All-Americans,” said Bud Donnelly, committee chairperson. “The idea is to recognize the very best of Bronco Athletes with representation from all sports and time periods.”
Induction into the Hall of Fame is based on the following criteria:
- Athletes are eligible for nomination 10 years after graduation or final year of competition
- An athlete must have earned at least two letters in one sport, or one letter in two different sports, AND HAVE HAD SIGNIFICANT TEAM, CONFERENCE, OR NATIONAL HONORS AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- Coaches/athletic administrators must have served the University for a minimum of five years
- In addition to athletic contributions, professional careers and character are taken into consideration
- No more than six persons will be inducted in a single year
To submit a nomination, forward a cover letter and supporting materials to:
WMU Division of Intercollegiate Athletics
Att: Bud Donnelly
1903 Western Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
You can also email Amy Washington.
The deadline for nominations is May 1, 2015