RedHawks Down Broncos by 7-0 Score
OXFORD, Ohio - The Western Michigan women's tennis team fell to one of the top teams in the Mid-American Conference on the road, with the Broncos falling 7-0 to the Miami RedHawks on Friday. With the loss, the Broncos fall to 13-10 on the season, 2-5 in Mid-American Conference play.
The Broncos fell in the doubles session after dropping the first two matches, with Miami taking the Nos. 2 and 1 doubles matches, in order, to clinch the point. The pairing of Christine Guerrazzi and Alix Thurman started things off with an 8-5 win over Meika Ashby and Yuriko Ono at the No. 2 spot, and Nimisha Mohan and Andreea Badlineanu clinched the session with a win over Kathleen Hawkins and Caroline Aleck at No. 1 doubles.
The RedHawks led off the singles session with a straight sets win at No. 6 singles, with Ana Rajkovic defeating Kelsey King 6-3, 6-0. Guerrazzi notched a win over Ono at No. 5 singles to take a 3-0 lead, and Thurman clinched the match win with a win at No. 4 singles. Caroline Aleck was the closest to notching a win, forcing Christiana Raymond to three sets before falling 10-4 in a tiebreaker. Nini Sujashvili suffered just her first loss at No. 1 singles in MAC play, playing two tight sets with Mohan before falling 6-4, 7-5.
Miami University 7, Western Michigan 0
1. Nimisha Mohan (MIAMI) def. Nini Sujashvili (WM) 6-4, 7-5
2. Andreea Badileanu (MIAMI) def. Meika Ashby (WM) 6-3, 6-3
3. Christiana Raymond (MIAMI) def. Caroline Aleck (WM) 2-6, 6-3, 10-4
4. Alix Thurman (MIAMI) def. Tracy Kuhle (WM) 6-2, 6-4
5. Christine Guerrazzi (MIAMI) def. Yuriko Ono (WM) 6-3, 6-1
6. Ana Rajkovic (MIAMI) def. Kelsey King (WM) 6-3, 6-0
1. Nimisha Mohan/Andreea Badileanu (MIAMI) def. Kathleen Hawkins/Caroline Aleck (WM) 8-4
2. Christine Guerrazzi/Alix Thurman (MIAMI) def. Meika Ashby/Yuriko Ono (WM) 8-5
3. Nini Sujashvili/Tracy Kuhle (WM) vs. Ramona Costea/Christiana Raymond (MIAMI) 7-6, unfinished
Western Michigan 13-10, 2-5 MAC
Miami University 14-6, 6-1 MAC
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1); Singles (6,5,4,2,3,1)