Final Road Trip Looms for Bronco Volleyball
Friday, November 2 // 7 p.m.
Broncos lead series 40-35 // Cardinals lead 14-20 in Muncie
Live Stats // Live Video // Live Audio
PASS AND SERVE - GAME NOTES
- This will be the 76th meeting between the Broncos and the Cardinals, with WMU holding a 40-35 edge in the rivalry, but just a 14-20 record in Muncie
- This will be the 56th ever meeting between the Broncos and the Rockets, with WMU holding a 46-9 edge in the all-time series, and a 21-9 record in Toledo
- WMU defeated both Ball State (3-1) and Toledo (3-0) earlier this season, with both matches coming in University Arena
- The Broncos are 91-18 all-time in MAC matches under Colleen Munson
- Jessica Brown was named the MAC West Offensive Player of the Week for October 29, the second time this season she has won the award
- Lena Oliver was named the MAC West Defensive Player of the Week for October 29, the fifth time this season she has won the award
- The Broncos tied their season-high with 12.0 total team blocks in the win over Central Michigan
- Terin Norris averaged 13.33 assists/set over the weekend, and also contributed a 1.33 blocks/set average
- Stephenee Yancy averaged 3.00 kills and 1.33 blocks per set this past weekend, in addition to hitting .429
- Both Jessica Brown (4th) and Stephenee Yancy (6th) rank in the top-10 in hitting percentage in the MAC
- Jessica Brown passed Stefanie Rotunno for third on the career kills list last weekend, and needs 21 more kills to pass Kim Lee for second
- Terin Norris needs 20 more assists to enter the top-10 in career assists at Western Michigan, passing Sam Viox
The Western Michigan volleyball team will make their last regular season road trip of the season this weekend when they play Ball State and Toledo in MAC West play. First serve is scheduled for 7 p.m. against the Cardinals on Friday, and 5 p.m. against the Rockets on Saturday.
This will be the 76th meeting between the Broncos and the Cardinals, with WMU holding a 40-35 edge in the rivalry, but just a 14-20 record in Muncie. The Broncos have won each of the last two meetings between the teams, but have not won a match in Muncie since Sept. 26, 2009, a span of three matches. The Broncos defeated Ball State earlier this year, a 3-1 result recorded at University Arena.
This will be the 56th ever meeting between the Broncos and the Rockets, with WMU holding a 46-9 edge in the all-time series, including an 18-7 record in Toledo. The Broncos have won 12 of the last 13 meetings between the two teams, including a 3-0 sweep recorded earlier this year at University Arena.
Best of the West
Lena Oliver and Jessica Brown were named the MAC West Defensive and Offensive Players of the Week, respectively, for October 29. It is the fifth time Oliver has won the Defensive award, and the second time Brown has won the Offensive award.
Land of the "Three"
Jessica Brown passed Stefanie Rotunno on the career kills list this past weekend; Brown has 1,431 career kills, and is just the fourth player in program history with 1,400 kills. With 21 more kills, Brown will pass Kim Lee for second on the career kills list.
The Broncos feature two players that rank in the top-six in the conference in hitting percentage; Jessica Brown ranks fourth in the MAC with a .305 hitting percentage, while Stephenee Yancy ranks sixth in the MAC with a .296 hitting percentage.
Oliver Among the Elite
Lena Oliver became just the second player in program history to reach 1,700 career digs earlier this season, recording 21 digs in the Broncos' 3-0 win over Buffalo. Oliver ranks second on the career digs list at Western Michigan with 1,787 digs, trailing just Caitlin Strimel.