Broncos Host In-State Rivals in MAC Clashes
Western Michigan Broncos vs. Central Michigan Chippewas
Friday, October 26 // 7 p.m.
Broncos lead series 44-36 // Broncos 24-11 vs. Chippewas at home
Live Stats // Live Video // Live Chat
Western Michigan Broncos vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles
Saturday, October 27 // 7 p.m.
Broncos lead series 55-20 // Broncos 25-5 vs. Eagles at home
Live Stats // Live Video // Live Chat
JAM THE GYM NIGHT - OCTOBER 26 VS. CENTRAL MICHIGAN
Help Us Jam the Gym as we take on rival Central Michigan!
It is Friday Night Family night and that means, $1 admission, $1 hot dog, $1 popcorn
Come trick-or-treat with the Broncos; costumes are encouraged!
There will be a variety Halloween activities prior to the match for fans to take part in!
VOLLEYBALL CARES NIGHT - OCTOBER 27 VS. EASTERN MICHIGAN
All fans are encouraged to wear pink to the match in support of cancer research and awareness. WMU senior Jessica Brown's pink jersey will be up for auction on-line at wmubroncos.com, with the auction beginning today and ending at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, October 28.
For your chance to bid on the jersey, click here!
- This will be the 81st meeting between the Broncos and the Chippewas, with WMU holding a 44-36 advantage in the all-time series.
- This will be the 76th meeting between Western Michigan and Eastern Michigan, with the Broncos holding a 55-20 advantage in the all-time series.
- WMU split the season’s previous meetings with these two teams, beating EMU 3-2 and falling to CMU 3-1; both matches were played on the road
- The Broncos are 50-19 against conference opponents at home under Colleen Munson
- Under head coach Colleen Munson, the Broncos are 21-10 overall against Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan
- The Broncos recorded a season-high 13 service aces against Kent State on Friday, which is seven more than their previous season-high of six aces set against Northern Illinois
- Ali Gossen recorded her third double-double of the season against Kent State on Friday, recording 11 kills and 10 digs
- Terin Norris recorded her team-high 11th double-double of the season with 32 assists and 10 digs against Ohio
- Jessica Brown passed WMU Hall of Famer Sarah Powers on the career kills list this past weekend; Brown has 1,404 career kills, and is now just the fourth player in program history with 1,400 kills
- Terin Norris needs 100 more assists to enter the top-10 in career assists at Western Michigan, passing Sam Viox
The Western Michigan volleyball team will return to University Arena to take on a pair of MAC West in-state rivals when they host the Central Michigan Chippewas and Eastern Michigan Eagles on Friday and Saturday, respectively. First serve for each match is schedule for 7 p.m.
This will be the 81st meeting between the Broncos and the Chippewas, with WMU holding a 44-36 advantage in the all-time series. The Broncos lost the two most recent meetings between the two teams, including a 3-1 loss earlier this season in Mt. Pleasant. However, the Broncos have not lost to the Chippewas in University Arena since October 7, 2006, a span of five matches.
This will be the 76th meeting between Western Michigan and Eastern Michigan, with the Broncos holding a 55-20 advantage in the all-time series. WMU has had tight control on the series recently, winning 12 of the last 14 matches between the two teams. EMU has not won two matches in a row in the series since the 2005 season. The Broncos won the most recent meeting between the teams in epic fashion, defeating EMU 3-2 in Ypsilanti earlier this season.
Enemy of the State
Under head coach Colleen Munson, the Broncos are 21-10 overall against Central Michigan and Eastern Michigan. The coach boasts a 10-6 record all-time against the Chippewas and an 11-4 record all-time against the Eagles in her eight seasons at the helm.
Four on the Floor
Jessica Brown passed WMU Hall of Famer Sarah Powers on the career kills list this past weekend; Brown has 1,404 career kills, and is now just the fourth player in program history with 1,400 kills. She needs 20 more to pass Stefanie Rotunno for third place on the list, and 48 to pass Kim Lee for second.
The Broncos recorded a season-high 13 service aces against Kent State on Friday, which is seven more than their previous season-high of six aces set against Northern Illinois. It was the most aces the Broncos have recorded in a single match since Sept. 2, 2006, when they recorded 16 aces against Northwestern, and the most aces recorded in a four-set match since a 17-ace performance on Sept. 1, 2006 against IUPUI. Terin Norris led the way for the Broncos with six of the aces against Kent State.
The Western Michigan offense still ranks among the best in the Mid-American Conference in 2012, as the Broncos lead the way with an average of 14.34 kills and 13.78 assists per set in 2012. Jessica Brown ranks sixth in the conference in hitting percentage (.291), and Terin Norris ranks first in the conference with an average of 11.65 assists per set.