WMU Softball Hosts Oakland in DH
Western Michigan Broncos (13-10)
vs. Oakland Golden Grizzlies (3-23)
April 3 • 2/4 p.m.
Kalamazoo, Mich. • Fran Ebert Field
WMU Athletics gives fans a chance to interact with the game via our in-game live blog. Click the play button on the graphic below once the game as started.
LAST GAME RECAP
Western Michigan completed its first sweep of Miami since April 7, 2006 with a 5-1 win over the RedHawks on Sunday. The Broncons used a five-run fifth inning to come from behind for their second-straight win to start the 2012 Mid-American Conference season. Diana Patterson belted a base-clearing, three-run double to spark the come back offensively, while Mackenzie Shepeck worked three scoreless and hitless innings in relief to earn her second win of the season.
WMU SOFTBALL NEWS & NOTES
- WMU reached 900 program wins with its series sweep of Miami this past weekend
- WMU is 10-2 over its last 12 games after starting the season 1-5
- Meredith Whitney is just 17 strikeouts from becoming WMU’s career leader
- Kathy Leitke is two wins from becoming only the second coach to win 100 games at home in program history and is also two games from passing Fran Ebert for the second most wins in program history
- Whitney hit her 16th career home run this past weekend, which ranks second all-time at WMU
- Tara Buchanan hit her 11th career home run, tying Amanda Heckaman for fourth on the career list
- Freshman pitcher Becca Shemberger made her first career home start against Miami (4/1) and freshman Mackenzie Shepeck earned first career MAC and home win in the same game
- WMU boasts a 11-game home win streak dating back to April 2, 2011
- WMU and Oakland split last year’s doubleheader with the Broncos taking the opener, 13-0 in five innings and the Golden Grizzlies coming back for a 2-1 win
WMU vs. OAKLAND
WMU Softball Live Chat