Broncos Edged Out By Vikings
The Broncos dropped the doubles point against the Vikings but rebounded to take two of the first three singles matches to tie the match at 2-2. Zeyad Montasser started things with a strong showing in the No. 3 singles match, downing Ali Shabib 6-0, 6-1. Ross VanderPloeg would notch his seventh straight singles win when he defeated Nolan Marks 6-2, 6-2, and tie the match overall. However, the Vikings would score wins in the No.2 and No. 6 singles match to clinch the victory.
Nadin Indre rounded out the scoring for the Broncos with a three-set victory in the No. 1 singles match. Indre scored his team-high 24th victory of the season with a 3-6, 7-5, 6-3 win over Yannick Goossens.
The Broncos took the No. 2 doubles match when Pablo Olivarez and Aaron Wong dominated Goossens and Matt Ford, beating the pair by an 8-2 score. After the Vikings took the No. 3 match, things came down to the No. 1 doubles match. VanderPloeg and Indre made a valiant effort, but were ultimately unable to defeat Shabib and Marks 9-7.
Cleveland State 4, Western Michigan 3
1. Nadin Indre (WMU) def. GOOSSENS, Yannick (CSU) 3-6, 7-5, 6-3
2. KUELKER, Matt (CSU) def. Pablo Olivarez (WMU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Zeyad Montasser (WMU) def. SHABIB, Ali (CSU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Ross VanderPloeg (WMU) def. MARKS, Nolan (CSU) 6-2, 6-2
5. VAN DER VLOET, Jorg (CSU) def. Simon Blomberg (WMU) 6-2, 7-5
6. FORD, Matt (CSU) def. Aaron Wong (WMU) 2-6, 6-1, 6-2
1. SHABIB, Ali/MARKS, Nolan (CSU) def. Ross VanderPloeg/Nadin Indre (WMU) 9-7
2. Pablo Olivarez/Aaron Wong (WMU) def. GOOSSENS, Yannick/FORD, Matt (CSU) 8-2
3. KUELKER, Matt/VAN DER VLOET, Jorg (CSU) def. Zeyad Montasser/Marc Shideler (WMU) 8-5
Western Michigan 11-8
Cleveland State 7-8
Exhibition: Marc Shideler (WMU) def. Jay Jones (CSU), 6-3
Doubles Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3
Singles Order of Finish: 3, 5, 4, 2, 6, 1