MAC Tournament Game Day: WMU vs. Bowling Green - 3/10 - 12 p.m.
The 2011 MAC West Division champion Western Michigan men's basketball team opens up its pursuit of a MAC Tournament title against #7 seed Bowling Green on Thursday at 12 p.m. at Quicken Loans Arena. The game will be televised on SportsTime Ohio, which is available on DirecTV (662/662-1 HD) and Dish Network (431/5431 HD).
- Western Michigan captured its sixth Mid-American Conference West Division title in program history and fifth under head coach Steve Hawkins (1998, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2011) after being predicted to finish fourth in the MAC West prior to the open of the 2010-11 season
- WMU holds a 16-26 all-time record in the MAC Tournament dating back to the 1980-81 season
- Coach Hawkins boasts a 9-6 record in the MAC Tournament
- WMU is 1-2 against Bowling Green in the MAC Tournament with its only win coming last season at University Arena, 75-73
- Mike Douglas earned MAC West Player of the Week honors after scoring a combined 53 points in two games last week with 25 points at home against Ball State and 28 points on the road at Central Michigan in the regular season finale
- Matt Stainbrook registered his fourth double-double of the season with 10 points and 12 rebounds at Central Michigan on March 5
- WMU defeated Bowling Green, 75-61, on Feb. 5 in the two teams only meeting this season en route to the Broncos going 3-3 against the MAC East Division
- For the second time this season Western Michigan is receiving votes in the CollegeInsider.com Mid-Major Top 25 Poll, receiving six votes
MBB vs. BGSU - MAC Tournament Live Chat